So this isn’t much of a photography post but some tips for getting through 2017 in one piece.
After what a crazy year 2015 and 2016 were, I thought I’d make my list of the top 10 things I want to keep in mind going into 2017;
- Talk to yourself. For those battling mental illness, nothing is scarier than being alone with your own thoughts. Actively thinking positively is extremely difficult for many people and I found many of my doubts came from within. Which leads me to my next point;
- Be your own cheerleader. There are enough people in this world that think and speak poorly of you, so why add to that list? Learn to motivate and encourage yourself because even the greatest inventors were ridiculed before achieving their greatest accomplishments.
- Listen to yourself! Follow your dreams. That gut feeling is your intuition and it’s reminding you that you’re capable of more, you want and can do more than this.
- Follow that instinct and you will be rewarded. With great risk comes great reward. This is directed to any artists I know juggling full and part-time jobs while trying to pursue their craft. Your attention is divided, focus it, harness it and your dreams will only grow.
- Fake it till you make it. Watch this TED Talk and you’ll understand what I mean.
- Know your self worth. It is extremely important to value the time and energy you’ve put into your skill and don’t let anyone take advantage of that.
- You can catch more flies with honey than vinegar. Although I didn’t learn it this year, it is definitely something I’ve been trying to remind myself as I journey through life.
- Be the change you want to see in the world. Again, didn’t learn it this year but I remind myself daily when I get the urge to argue with ignorance, then remember #6 and you’ll be fine.
- Stop worrying about what everyone else is doing and focus on you. Everyone is on their own path so don’t worry if you aren’t as far along in your career as someone else your age. Your time will come.
- Be excellent to each other. There’s enough hate and negativity going around that we need to come together and stick up for each other.
Good luck out there friends!
Thanks for stopping by and stay tuned for more!
One thought on “Life Hacks for 2017”
I like this! Have a truly great and memorable ’17, Joanna!